Recipe by Muffin Goddess
Wonderful sweet citrus cake (a Duncan Hines recipe). Also good when lemon is substituted for orange. Very popular recipe, both at work and home.
Top Review by skssandy
this was great! I had to make some minor changes...I couldn't find a orange cake mix in my area so I used a lemon cake...it was yummy. The only thing I would change in the future is to increase the glaze so that the cake soaks up more juice! Thanks for sharing.
- 1 package orange cake mix (recommended Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Orange Supreme)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: If you don't have an orange-flavored cake mix on hand, a yellow cake mix is an acceptable substitute.
- Just add 1 tbs of orange extract and 1 tbs grated orange peel to the batter before mixing Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 13x9-inch pan.
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions.
- While cake is baking, combine powdered sugar, orange juice, melted butter, and water in a medium bowl.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and immediately poke holes in top with a fork or toothpick.
- Pour glaze slowly over top of hot cake, allowing it to soak in.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.