Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Wonderful sweet citrus cake (a Duncan Hines recipe). Also good when lemon is substituted for orange. Very popular recipe, both at work and home.
- 1 package orange cake mix (recommended Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Orange Supreme)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- NOTE: If you don't have an orange-flavored cake mix on hand, a yellow cake mix is an acceptable substitute.
- Just add 1 tbs of orange extract and 1 tbs grated orange peel to the batter before mixing Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 13x9-inch pan.
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions.
- While cake is baking, combine powdered sugar, orange juice, melted butter, and water in a medium bowl.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and immediately poke holes in top with a fork or toothpick.
- Pour glaze slowly over top of hot cake, allowing it to soak in.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
this was great! I had to make some minor changes...I couldn't find a orange cake mix in my area so I used a lemon cake...it was yummy. The only thing I would change in the future is to increase the glaze so that the cake soaks up more juice! Thanks for sharing.
oh my goodness. this was so good. i say was because we ate it in one day. very moist and a really great orange flavor. we ate a few spoonfuls of the glaze before we glazed the cake it was so good.
Oh this is a delicious cake and it's presentation can be mind-blowing once the glaze is set. I had made this few months back and wow, it was so tempting and so very tasty. Everyone(kids and adults), all savoured it! A 'must-try' recipe for orange lovers!