Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- In a big mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium to high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add powdered sugar; beat until combined; beat in orange juice until combined.
- Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer; stir in any remaining flour and 1 tablespoons shredded orange peel with a wooden spoon.
- Shape dough into 1 ¼-inch balls; roll in granulated sugar; place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned; let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender combine ¾ cup sugar and 2 teaspoons orange peel; cover and process or blend until mixture is combined.
- Roll warm baked cookies in the sugar mixture.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.