Recipe by plantfreek
This recipe was given to me by a dear friend who lives in Northern Indiana. She and her family always makes us feel so welcome when we come up for a visit and the food and drinks are always yummo! You can leave out the vodka and make this recipe kid friendly. This is a super drink for a slow Sunday afternoon, especially with a cookout. I pour this into a large thermal carafe and place it in a cooler when we go camping or spend a day at the lake.Bon appetit! --
- 7 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 green tea bags
- 12 ounces frozen orange juice
- 12 ounces frozen lemonade
- 2 cups vodka
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 2 ingredients and bring to a boil in a small pan. Stir till sugar is all dissolved. Cool.
- Bring 2 cups of water in small pan and bring to a boil. Pour it over green tea bags in a small pitcher and let steep for 15 minutes.
- After tea has steeped and cooled, pour it into a non-metal freezer container or pitcher. Stir in the orange juice, lemonade and vodka. Put pitcher in freezer and leave in there till it forms a slush. Stir every 20 minutes or so.
- While slush is forming, put one cup sugar and one cup water into a non-metal saucepan. Stir till sugar is dissolved.
- Add lemon and lime juices and stir well.
- Chill this mixture in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, pour a tall glass half full of the slushy mixture and half full of chilled sour mixture. Serve with a mint leaf garnish if desired. Drink:-) *Don't drink and drive home tho:-).