Recipe by Polar Bear
A total kid pleaser. My best friend brings them to the office. Original source of recipe unknown.
Top Review by Juliansmommy!
These are in my opinion the best cookies ever! I change it a tiny bit but these are perfectly delicious if you follow the recipe exactly . I use only brown sugar instead of half white half brown and I add the rice krispies last because if it sits to long in the batter they soggie and makes a chewy cookie. I like a crisp cookie and by putting them in last it gives an extra crunch. Also if you dont like the orange slices these are delicious without , either way they are the best. Thanks so much for posting!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 (8 ounce) package candy orange slices
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, or pecans, or almonds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop nuts coarsely, set aside.
- Cut orange slices into small pieces using a wet scissors dipped in hot water.
- Set aside.
- Cream thoroughly the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Beat thoroughly.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Fold these ingredients by hand until reasonably mixed.
- Add oatmeal and Rice Krispies and mix.
- Do not over mix.
- Fold in orange slices and nuts at the same time, a few at a time.
- You can also cut a few extra pieces and scatter them on top by hand.
- Press in dough.
- Use thick cookie sheets greased with oil or shortening.
- Use a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop to shape a ball.
- Place 12 balls pressed down slightly in 350° for 14 minutes.
- These bake better if you only bake one sheet at a time.
- Let set one minute after they are out of oven and then slide onto cooling rack.
- The cookie sheet will have to be washed each time as the candy melts on sheets and would burn if left on sheet.
- If you can find orange jelly beans that are truly orange flavored, they may be used instead of orange slices.