Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are delicious. I bake and eat while listening to Christmas music. Not a healthy cookie, but what baked goods are. Great for gift giving. I cut my candy in pieces not slices. I do use an electric mixer for the stirring.
- Cream sugars and shortening until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Stir into creamed mixture.
- Stir in oats, candy and coconut.
- Roll about a tablespoon of the mixture into balls.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes or till lightly browned.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.
These were very good everyone loved them. They make a nice tasty change. Was glad I had a good mixer for stirring. We will definitely make these again!