Recipe by Young Living in Texas
These are delicious. I bake and eat while listening to Christmas music. Not a healthy cookie, but what baked goods are. Great for gift giving. I cut my candy in pieces not slices. I do use an electric mixer for the stirring.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups candy orange slices, sliced (12 ounce)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugars and shortening until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Stir into creamed mixture.
- Stir in oats, candy and coconut.
- Roll about a tablespoon of the mixture into balls.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes or till lightly browned.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.