My friend brought these to me after I had my baby and they were so wonderful! I finally got the recipe and had to post it. I think this originally comes from a Southern Living Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml chopped candy orange slices
- 59.14 ml flour
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, softened
- 236.59 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 29.58 ml milk
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 591.47 ml uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 236.59 ml flaked coconut
- 1Combine chopped orange slices and 1/4 cup flour in a medium bowl, tossing to coat candy; set aside.
- 2Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- 3Gradually add sugars, beating well.
- 4Add eggs, milk, and vanilla; beat well.
- 5Combine 2 cups flour and next 4 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in candy mixture, oats, and coconut.
- 6Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- 7Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 8Cool slightly on baking sheet; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Slice Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.7
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 101.7 mg
- Sodium 334.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 44.4 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
candy orange slices