Recipe by Nolan'sMom
My friend brought these to me after I had my baby and they were so wonderful! I finally got the recipe and had to post it. I think this originally comes from a Southern Living Cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped candy orange slices
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chopped orange slices and 1/4 cup flour in a medium bowl, tossing to coat candy; set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugars, beating well.
- Add eggs, milk, and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine 2 cups flour and next 4 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in candy mixture, oats, and coconut.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly on baking sheet; remove to wire rack to cool completely.