1/1 Photo of Orange Slice Candy
This is a candy confection made from those sugar coated orange slice candies. My sister gave me this recipe she had gotten it from a co-worker years ago. I love to make this candy along with a few others to give as a Christmas gift. I usually start making candy a few days before Christmas because it can be stored in containers . I just have to hide it! This recipe makes ALOT of candy! One batch can be enough for many, many, gift tins. My fiance's family loves it. His brother-in-law told him to keep me in the family so he can keep getting his orange candy for Christmas! LOL! *****NOTE***** This candy WILL have partially melted little chunks of the orange slice candy in it. You may want to experiment with a 'softer' brand to melt more easily as some jellied candies have a firmer texture than others. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- 2Mix together all ingredients except for powdered sugar.
- 3Place in a casserole dish into oven for 30 minutes.
- 4Remove from oven and add powdered sugar, mixing well.
- 5Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper to dry.
- 6Let cool for several hours.
- 7If candy remains sticky on bottom after cooling for a while, turn the candy over with a spatula and allow it to dry.
- 8Store in an airtight container.
- 9Cooking time does NOT include drying time so make this ahead of time!
- 10Servings and yield are approximate.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Slice Candy
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1448.7
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.7 g
- Saturated Fat 37.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 470.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 236.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 215.0 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
orange slice candy