Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a candy confection made from those sugar coated orange slice candies. My sister gave me this recipe she had gotten it from a co-worker years ago. I love to make this candy along with a few others to give as a Christmas gift. I usually start making candy a few days before Christmas because it can be stored in containers . I just have to hide it! This recipe makes ALOT of candy! One batch can be enough for many, many, gift tins. My fiance's family loves it. His brother-in-law told him to keep me in the family so he can keep getting his orange candy for Christmas! LOL! *****NOTE***** This candy WILL have partially melted little chunks of the orange slice candy in it. You may want to experiment with a 'softer' brand to melt more easily as some jellied candies have a firmer texture than others. Enjoy!!
- 453.59 g orange slice candy, chopped
- 2 (680.38 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (680.38 g) can flaked coconut
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- 680.38 g confectioners' sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients except for powdered sugar.
- Place in a casserole dish into oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add powdered sugar, mixing well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper to dry.
- Let cool for several hours.
- If candy remains sticky on bottom after cooling for a while, turn the candy over with a spatula and allow it to dry.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Cooking time does NOT include drying time so make this ahead of time!
- Servings and yield are approximate.
One of my co-workers made this candy
I tried making this candy. It sounds so delicious. I imagined that the orange slices were going to melt, but they did not. It tasted okay. Next time I will cook it longer and see if it melts to make a smoother candy, not with orange chunks in it. Then maybe I'll make it more often.