Cook1 hr 45 mins
Make and share this Orange Slice Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 lb orange slice candy, cut up
- 8 ounces dates, pitted, chopped
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 ounces coconut, flaked
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- Sift flour and salt (if using); set aside.
- Combine orange slice candy, pitted dates, pecans and coconut; set aside.
- Beat butter until light. While beating, gradually add sugar. Beat eggs, then add to butter and sugar.
- Combine baking soda and buttermilk.
- Add milk alternating with flour mixture. Blend well after each addition.
- Add candy mixture, mixing well.
- Turn into a 10-inch tube pan that has been greased and floured. Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes at 300 degrees.
- Remove from oven; combine orange juice and sugar and mix well.
- TOPPING Combine orange juice and sugar. Mix well. Pour over cake.