Recipe by True Texas
We love orange slices and I've been looking for a recipe like this, but without the raisins that are in most traditional Orange Slice Cake recipes. This sounds interesting.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup orange slice candy, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup banana, mashed
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over candy in bowl. Let stand for several minutes.
- Cream butter with 1/2 cup sugar in mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Blend egg and banana into creamed mixture.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in orange candy.
- Spoon into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until brown.