Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm putting this here for safe keeping. Enjoy!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 2 teaspoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- sliced almonds
- Beat butter in a mixing bowl at medium speed of an electric mixer gradually adding powdered sugar, beating well.
- Add orange rind and concentrate.
- Stir in flour.
- Press dough into a lightly greased 15- by 10- by 1-inch jellyroll pan; prick all over with a fork.
- Cut into 1-1/2-inch diamonds.
- Place a sliced almond in center of each diamond.
- Bake at 300 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until done.
- Recut diamonds while warm.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack.
Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009. These are excellent cookies. Love the great orange flavor that the orange juice gives these. Will definitely make these again. Thanks for posting this recipe Queen!
Thanks for a great recipe! The only change I made was to use a rounded teaspoon of zest, 'cause I'm a big fan of that particular ingredient! Otherwise, I did as directed & my cookies were a big hit! Definitely something to make again! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup cooking game]