Recipe by Queen uh Cuisine
I'm putting this here for safe keeping. Enjoy!!
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009. These are excellent cookies. Love the great orange flavor that the orange juice gives these. Will definitely make these again. Thanks for posting this recipe Queen!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 2 teaspoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter in a mixing bowl at medium speed of an electric mixer gradually adding powdered sugar, beating well.
- Add orange rind and concentrate.
- Stir in flour.
- Press dough into a lightly greased 15- by 10- by 1-inch jellyroll pan; prick all over with a fork.
- Cut into 1-1/2-inch diamonds.
- Place a sliced almond in center of each diamond.
- Bake at 300 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until done.
- Recut diamonds while warm.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack.