Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light and refreshing salad.
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pint Orange sherbet
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, drained
- In large bowl mix together jello and water until jello is dissolved.
- Add sherbet and stir until melted.
- Stir in oranges and pineapple.
- Pour into 2 qt mold.
- Cover and chill 4 to 6 hours or until set.
This recipe is a favorite, the kids and adults really like it. It has a great taste and the texture is smooth and creamy. I'm glad I found this one, thanks!
I made this for a family get together and since my family isn't crazy about oranges, I made the following substitutions: wild strawberry jello for the orange jello raspberry sherbet for the orange sherbet cut up strawberries for the mandarin oranges It was very light and refreshing and one I'll definitely make again. Thanks for sharing!