Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Moist and yummy, for summertime especially!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box orange gelatin
- 4 eggs or 4 egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 3⁄4-1 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray bottom of 9x13" sheet cake pan with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- Beat first five ingredients with an electric mixer for 4 minutes.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- For icing, beat the powdered sugar and orange juice with a mixer until smooth.
- (Start with 3/4 cup orange juice. If you want the cake even moister/soggier than it already is, slowly increase the amount of orange juice).
- Remove cake from oven, and poke with many holes- using a chopstick or fork or skewer, etc.
- Pour the icing over the warm cake.