Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was made with the goal of reducing the calories in the typical sesame sauce.
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄8 cup vinegar (rice wine is best)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄8 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- fresh ginger
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and set aside.
- Saute garlic and ginger until golden.
- Add vegetable broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, brown sugar, orange juice, and splenda.
- Add cornstarch and stir until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Remove from heat and stir in sesame seeds.
- Pour over tofu or seitan.