Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can serve this dish hot as an entree, or chilled the following day as a salad. Recipe from Coastal Living
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons tamari or 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 10 ounces soba noodles or 10 ounces spaghetti
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Boil noodles according to package directions. Before draining, add snow peas and carrot. Let cook 30 seconds.
- Drain pasta, peas, and carrot, and toss immediately with orange juice mixture. Set aside.
- Brush shrimp with sesame oil, and grill over medium-hot coals 3 to 5 minutes.
- Arrange pasta on serving plates, and top with shrimp.
We really liked the overall recipe! The citrus and tamarind paste were a nice and varied combination. Thanks cookiedog!
This didn't really work out for me. I didn't exactly follow the technique, but I stayed pretty true to the sauce part of the recipe. It just seemed too peanut buttery ... it needed more OJ, I think. Hmmmm. Not sure what happened with this one, but thanks anyway, Cookiedog! I'm not going to rate it because I didn't really follow the recipe closely enough to do so.
I love this recipe. The flavors are delicious when all the ingredients are combined. Its really refreshing for the summer. I use thai peanut sauce instead of soy sauce, peanunt better and ginger