Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Dr. Fuhrman's new book, Eat for Health.
- 3⁄4 cup raw smooth cashew butter or 3⁄4 cup almond butter
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sodium-free vegetable bouillon
- 2 bunches kale, leaves removed from tough stems and chopped
- 2 tablespoons unhulled sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- With a wire whisk, combine nut butter, orange juice and bullion.
- Steam kale for 15- 20 minutes, turning half way through.
- Combine steamed kale with nut butter mixture and toss.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
This is such a delicious way to prepare kale! The simple combination of cashew butter and freshly squeezed orange juice is amazing- even without the bouillon or sesame seeds. The kale only needs to be steamed for 5-8 minutes, unless you want your greens to turn to mush. A keeper! Thanks for posting!