1/4 Photos of Orange Sesame Glazed Salmon W/ Extra Crispy Skin
the mix'n vix'n's Note:
I love crispy skins, but my hubby does not so I always take his. :)) Here are some tools you'll need if you want to achieve that yummy crispy skin: foil, a baking sheet, and a non-coated cooling rack or a toaster oven rack that will elevate the fish from bottom of the cookie sheet...yes you could use a broiling pan, but those things are a pain to clean and you wouldn't get such yummy extra crispy skins :) I choose to broil mine but this will work well on the grill too. Just be sure to brush the hot grill rack with olive oil so the skin does not stick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water (1/2 cup reserved for cooking process)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (if you don't like it spice, omit)
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, grated (you can leave the skin on)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped (white parts included, reserve some for garnish)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper (or to taste)
- 1In a small bowl mix together all marinade ingredients. Be sure to reserving 1/2 cup of the water to use during the cooking process. Set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to broil with oven rack placed in the upper center position. Prepare a baking sheet by layering 2 strips of foil to cover the bottom of pan, then place an non-coated cooling rack over that.
- 3Brush skin side of salmon with olive oil (this will help to insure skin doesn't stick and become extra crispy), place fillets about 1-2 inches apart on the cooling rack in the center of backing sheet. Reserve half of marinade for glazing. Brush tops and sides of the salmon fillets with marinade. Let sit for 5-6 minutes.
- 4Broil, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes (or until fish flakes easily with a fork). Because you're broiling, it will cook quickly. Glaze OFTEN with reserved marinade to get a super sweet and sticky coating. Pour reserved water in bottom of pan half way through cooking time (helps finish cooking the fish and also keeps it moist and flaky).
- 5I like to serve mine with ginger lime shrimp and a roasted veggie like asparagus :).
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Sesame Glazed Salmon W/ Extra Crispy Skin
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 823.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar