Recipe by That is Dr House to you
Great with various dishes including pasta. To quote the source Mostly Vegetables by Susan Costner? No Cheese please.
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely-diced red onions
- 2 tablespoons finely-diced yellow peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups seeded garden-ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 4 oranges, segmented or 1 lb kumquat
Directions See How It's Made
- drain the sun dried tomatoes, pat dry and thin slice.
- remove all the pith from the segments.
- If using kumquats omit zest. Think slice kumquats then simmer with next step.
- Simmer the first three ingredients over high heat to reduce to 1/4 cup syrup. Remove and cool.
- Saute the onion and pepper in the oil until tender crisp. Cool slightly.
- Toss all in bowl and let stand 2 hours.
- Will keep covered in refrigerator for 3 days.