Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A classic flavor combo
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 slices orange peel (2-inch strips, orange part only)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in heavy medium saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until chocolate melts.
- Increase heat and bring just to a boil, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and whisk until frothy.
- Return to heat and bring to boil again.
- Remove from heat, whisk until frothy.
- Repeat heating and whisking once again.
- Discard orange peel.
- Let stand at room temperature.
- Before serving, bring just to boil, remove from heat and whisk until frothy.
- Pour hot chocolate into coffee mugs.