1/2 Photos of Orange-Scented Cinnamon Rolls
4 hrs 20 mins
Sweet rolls that fill your kitchen with the happy scent of orange and cinnamon. Perfect for a weekend with family or friends. Prep time includes rising times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for greasing bowl and pan
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup skim milk, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons minced orange zest
- raisins (optional)
- chopped nuts (optional)
- 1Combine flour, yeast, salt and sugar in container of food processor fitted with steel blade and process 5 seconds.
- 2Add 2 tablespoons butter and egg, and pulse a few times, until well combined.
- 3With machine running, drizzle most of milk through feed tube.
- 4Process just until a dough ball forms.
- 5If necessary, add more milk, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- 6Knead by hand on a lightly floured surface a minute or two longer, adding more flour or milk as necessary, until dough is smooth and elastic.
- 7Butter a bowl and place dough in it, turning to coat.
- 8Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free area, about 2 hours.
- 9Roll out dough into a 1/2-inch thick rectangle.
- 10Brush liberally with melted butter, then spread with a mixture of sugar, cinnamon and orange zest.
- 11If desired, add raisins or chopped nuts.
- 12Roll up jelly-roll style, then cut into 1- 1 1/2-inch thick slices.
- 13Place rolls in a buttered round pan.
- 14Place one or two rolls in middle, and work the others out around it, so that all are touching.
- 15Cover and let rise until puffy, about 1 hour.
- 16While rolls are rising, boil together 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup orange juice until thickened.
- 17Just before baking, brush slices lightly with butter, then liberally with this mixture.
- 18Bake in a preheated 400-degreee oven until nicely browned, 20- 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Scented Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.2
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 109.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g