Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so healthy & easy to make, and it taste good, i just wish i could get my kids to eat it, lol. I found this recipe on foodnetwork.com, its one of Rachael Ray's recipes.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 navel orange, rind removed & reserved
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Bring a couple inches of water to a boil in a large skillet.
- Add the florets, orange rind and salt, cover and simmer until tender; about 6 minutes.
- Drain broccoli and cauliflower, remove rind and transfer to a platter or bowl.
- Return pan to heat, add extra virgin olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add broccoli & cauliflower and turn to coat.
- Squeeze the orange juice over the pan and toss veggies again.
- Season the orange scented broccoli & cauliflower with salt & pepper, to your taste.
- Garnish with sliced scallions.
This turned out very well. No one would ever guess it is healthy too. I made a few minor substitutions: 1/2 cup orange juice instead of rind, 2 TBL grapeseed oil instead of olive oil. Had no shallots so I sauted the green ends from the scallions and I threw in the orange chopped up instead of squeezed. This is very good cold too. Makes at least 8 servings. Thanks for sharing.