Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Bon Appetit Magazine, December 1990. This one is from the Hilton Garden Inn in Orange Beach, Alabama, and is said to be particularly good....
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled, halved lengthwise, then crosswise
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec or 1⁄4 cup other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream (4 scoops)
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add brown sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon sticks and boil 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add bananas and remove pan from heat.
- Add triple sec, dark rum and ground cinnamon; carefully ignite.
- When flames subside, add orange juice and stir to combine. Discard cinnamon sticks.
- Scoop ice cream into bowls or balloon wineglasses. Spoon bananas and sauce over and serve.