Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
From Bon Appetit Magazine, December 1990. This one is from the Hilton Garden Inn in Orange Beach, Alabama, and is said to be particularly good....
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled, halved lengthwise, then crosswise
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec or 1⁄4 cup other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream (4 scoops)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add brown sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon sticks and boil 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add bananas and remove pan from heat.
- Add triple sec, dark rum and ground cinnamon; carefully ignite.
- When flames subside, add orange juice and stir to combine. Discard cinnamon sticks.
- Scoop ice cream into bowls or balloon wineglasses. Spoon bananas and sauce over and serve.