Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
A takeoff on Uncle Bill's Spinach/Romaine Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing & Mandarin Or-- served as a terrific fish sauce. Adds a tangy compliment to sauteed Tilapia.(Prep time doesn't include refrigeration.)
- Mix first 7 ingredients together in a jar; cover; and shake to blend.
- Refrigerate for at least a hour to meld flavors.
- When ready to serve, dip each fillet in the orange mixture; then in cracker crumbs to cover.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over MEDIUM heat; when foam subsides, add fillets and cook on each side until fish flakes, about 10-15 minutes (depends on the thickness of fish).
- Do not overcook!
- Remove fish to warm platter.
- In small sauce pan, bring remaining orange sauce to a boil.
- Cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Sauce will be thin.
- Reduce heat to LOW; add mandarin oranges slices.
- Cook 1 minute to heat orange slices.
- Serve sauce over fish.
This is an easy to make, nicely balanced sweet sauce with a delicate orange flavor. My only modification: instead of coating with the cracker crumbs and sauteeing, I marinated the tilapia in a baking dish for an hour and baked it in the sauce until flaky (about 15 minutes at 450Â°). This is a keeper!