1/1 Photo of Orange-Sauced Tilapia
Caroline Cooks's Note:
A takeoff on Uncle Bill's Spinach/Romaine Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing & Mandarin Or-- served as a terrific fish sauce. Adds a tangy compliment to sauteed Tilapia.(Prep time doesn't include refrigeration.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1/3 cup saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1Mix first 7 ingredients together in a jar; cover; and shake to blend.
- 2Refrigerate for at least a hour to meld flavors.
- 3When ready to serve, dip each fillet in the orange mixture; then in cracker crumbs to cover.
- 4Melt butter in a large skillet over MEDIUM heat; when foam subsides, add fillets and cook on each side until fish flakes, about 10-15 minutes (depends on the thickness of fish).
- 5Do not overcook!
- 6Remove fish to warm platter.
- 7In small sauce pan, bring remaining orange sauce to a boil.
- 8Cook about 2-3 minutes.
- 9Sauce will be thin.
- 10Reduce heat to LOW; add mandarin oranges slices.
- 11Cook 1 minute to heat orange slices.
- 12Serve sauce over fish.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange-Sauced Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.3
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 108.3 mg
- Sodium 393.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 43.9 g
- Protein 28.9 g