Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
An orange syrup soaked pound cake. Really great as is.
Make and share this Orange Sauced Butter Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven 325°.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- Stir together dry ingredients; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, till well combined; add vanilla.
- Alternately work in dry ingredients and buttermilk until well mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325° for 55-70 minutes.
- Check for doneness with toothpick.
- • While cake bakes, make sauce: Combine all ingredients in small sauce pan; bring to simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes, till sugar is dissolved. Keep warm.
- When cake comes from oven, immediately poke all over with a fork, fairly deeply.
- Spoon sauce slowly over cake till pan is empty.
- Let cake cool 30 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Finish cooling.