Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fast and simple side dish.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans
- Combine orange juice, cornstarch, salt and onion. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Add vinegar and drained beans and heat thoroughly.
- Small orange or tangerine segments can be added to the sauce along with the green beans for additional color and flavor.
Wanted something different tonight and this really filled the bill! The only orange juice I had was with mango and I don't think it really mattered! Thanks for a great new side dish. Congrats on the win in the football pools.