Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love having Orange Chicken for dinner, so I figured the recipe out, it's similiar to Sweet N Sour Sauce, just change to Orange Juice instead of using Pineapple and also add Marmalade to the recipe. I mostly use Sugar free/diet soda and jam as my husband is diabetic.
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice (for diabetic, can use orange flavor diet rite soda or other low sugar Orange Juice or sugar free sod)
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade (for diabetic, can use Sugar Free)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, til boil, thicken, and clear. Best to use whisk to stir.
- Pour over chicken.
Delicious! I used this recipe for shrimp skewers. I marinaded the shrimp for a half hour in orange juice and added a little extra after the sauce was done cooking. You can always tell a good recipe from the ingredients. Thanks so much!
Sorry this didn't work for me. I couldn't really taste the orange flavor very well for some reason even though there was plenty of orange product in the sauce. Not sure what went wrong...thanks anyway!