1/4 Photos of Orange Sauce
Sydney Mike's Note:
The original of this make-over recipe was found on ZAAR, but I wanted a more intense orange flavor and a thinner sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a deep sauce pan, combine sugar, orange juice and orange zest.
- 2Bring to a boil over high heat; cook 5 minutes, stirring almost constantly, being careful not to burn the mixture.
- 3Momentarily remove the pan from the heat; add the whipping cream, stirring to mix well.
- 4Return the pan to the stove; bring to a boil, cooking for 2 minutes and stirring constantly.
- 5Remove from heat; add the extract. Stir to combine well.
- 6Cool and serve warm or cold over pound cake, ice cream, or whatever!
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.3
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.6 mg
- Sodium 9.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 0.6 g