Recipe by Sydney Mike
The original of this make-over recipe was found on ZAAR, but I wanted a more intense orange flavor and a thinner sauce.
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
This is really good sauce. I made this to go with Recipe #61949. The flavor is incredible, like an orange creamsicle. I am going to serve the rest with some french toast tomorrow. Made and Reviewed for PRMR Tag. Thanks :)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep sauce pan, combine sugar, orange juice and orange zest.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; cook 5 minutes, stirring almost constantly, being careful not to burn the mixture.
- Momentarily remove the pan from the heat; add the whipping cream, stirring to mix well.
- Return the pan to the stove; bring to a boil, cooking for 2 minutes and stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add the extract. Stir to combine well.
- Cool and serve warm or cold over pound cake, ice cream, or whatever!