Recipe by Mirj
Summer's here and this is a great salad to serve on a hot day. Good for those of us on low-carb diets as well! Prep time is marinading time.
Top Review by mliss29
This is really good! I'm not sure I used mint. (My father-in-law said it was, but I think it tastes kind of lemony...and minty. ? :) ) But it was very tasty. I'll try it again with some mintier mint. Thanks! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC tag game.
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled,pith removed,and sliced into pinwheels (seeds removed)
- 1⁄4 medium red onion, sliced into 1/8 inch thick half rings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch fresh fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch coarse salt or 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped into chiffonade (about 10 leaves)