Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Summer's here and this is a great salad to serve on a hot day. Good for those of us on low-carb diets as well! Prep time is marinading time.
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled,pith removed,and sliced into pinwheels (seeds removed)
- 1⁄4 medium red onion, sliced into 1/8 inch thick half rings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch fresh fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch coarse salt or 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped into chiffonade (about 10 leaves)
- In small bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Cover and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
This is really good! I'm not sure I used mint. (My father-in-law said it was, but I think it tastes kind of lemony...and minty. ? :) ) But it was very tasty. I'll try it again with some mintier mint. Thanks! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC tag game.
I've made this several times now - it is simple and refreshing - the perfect summer side dish.
Mirj! Mirj! Mirj! This was fabulous and a very different salad. I followed the recipe to a T except I didn't know what "chiffonade" was, so I snipped the mint leaves with scissors very finely and added it to the salad. DH gobbled it up! I would have never thought red onions would mix so very well with oranges!