Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 navel oranges, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- kosher salt
- 12 black olives, pitted and halved (preferably oil-cured)
- Soak onions in ice water for 30 minutes, drain.
- Meanwhile, peel oranges as directed above, making sure as much of the white pith as possible is removed.
- Slice, crosswise as thinly as possible and save any juice that accumulates from the slicing.
- Lay the oranges in a spiral on a platter.
- Combine the oil, lemon and orange juice with salt, mint and any of the accumulated orange juice.
- Toss the onion slices over the oranges.
- Spread the dressing over both evenly.
- Then sprinkle with olives.
Simple and stunning!!!!!! We ate this tonight with Merlot's Moroccan Lemon Chicken recipe #34697 my Cumin Potatoes, and oven bake Turkish bread for a fast and delicious dinner.
Thought this was absolutely delicious.I am constantly trying to find new fruit and vegetable dishes to get more of same into our diet, without being bored! This was really different- and really good. I added a little fresh grated, good quality parmesan cheese and it added a wonderful bit of saltiness and flavor. Really good! Don't leave out the mint if you have it!