Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 large oranges, cut into chunks
- 3 spring onions, sliced finely
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced olive
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- black pepper
- fresh parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Drizzle with oil, balsamic vinegar and pepper and serve.
Yum! This was such an usual combination for a salad BUT it worked really well. I substituted the pine nuts with cashews nuts (It was all I had at home). I used black Kalamata olives. Little Miss (DD) and I really enjoyed the salad, but hubby wasn't a fan. I really enjoyed the citrus flavours with the sun-dried tomatoes and olives. Thanks Sonya01 for posting this recipe.
Enjoyed this salad especially with the combo of oranges, sun-dried tomatoes & toasted pine nuts! And, the recipe's unusual enough for me to want to keep it on hand to make again! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Beverage Tag cooking game]