Prep 7 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple sweet potato recipe, perfect for the Halloween holiday. Recipe combines sweet potatoes with orange flavored rum, salt and brown sugar. Sweet potatoes are baked until tender and golden. Posting this here for safe keeping. Found @ http://www.sweetpotatorecipes.net
- 1 (28 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and cut in thick strips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons orange flavored rum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange sweet potato strips in single layer in shallow baking dish.
- In small saucepan, combine butter, orange flavored rum, kosher salt, and light brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour rum mixture over sweet potatoes and sprinkle with additional brown sugar.
- Bake 15 minutes.