Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion
- and garlic, saute 7 minutes or until tender.
- Add peppers and tomatoes; cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes.
- Add fish; sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper.
- Cover and reduce heat, simmer 5 minutes.
- Turn fish over.
- Cover and simmer an additional 5 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Transfer to individual serving plates, reser ving cooking sauce in skillet. Keep fish warm.
- Place skillet with cooking sauce over medium-high heat, and cook 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve sauce over fish.
This dish was prepared and plated in about 45 minutes (including prep time) and was very easy to make. We made the dish just as the recipe read with no substitutions. For the ground red pepper we used cayenne (go very light lest it be too hot). I will admit that we bumped the amount of garlic up a bit to about 3 cloves chopped.
Very Good!! We really liked the levels of flavor from the sweet peppers and the mexican tomatoes around the light flaky fish. I served it over rice and it was a great meal with a salad. The only thing I would do differently next time is to cut the yellow peppers in smaller pieces. The big rings were sloppy when eating.
I am not a big fish eater and horrible at cooking fish. I chose this recipe hoping to hide the taste of the fish and add flavor to the dish. It turned out delicious and have added it to my recipe collection. My husband and teenager loved it. Used green peppers instead of yellow just because I had on hand. Served with Rice a Roni fried rice, and with Veggies in dish that's all I needed to cook! So easy.