Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I have been craving stir-fry lately. This one uses my favorite orange roughy. Easy and I think it is delicious.
Top Review by BonnieZ
DH & I really enjoyed this stirfry, and the orange roughy was a delicious & healthy change of pace. I did cut back substantially on the amount of oil and used chili/garlic paste in place of the hot sauce. I also added a bit of brown sugar to balance the flavors. Thank you Nurse Di for sharing the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb orange roughy fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (your favorite variety)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (or to taste)
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil until it is hot over medium-high heat.
- Add in the onion, garlic, and ginger; stir frequently for 2-3 minutes; remove from skillet Heat the other 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet until it is hot.
- Add fish cubes, broccoli, mushrooms, and red bell pepper to the skillet; stir constantly 3-4 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Add onion mixture back to the skillet; stir to combine.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, whisk the cornstarch, water, wine, soy sauce, and hot sauce.
- Pour mixture into the skillet; stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.