Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
When living in Mali, West Africa, I had Capitainne (a mild fish from the Niger River) at a restaurant, prepared in a similar way to this. I loved it! My version is with Orange Roughy liberally doused with marinara sauce, carrots, bell peppers and green onions. Very delicious served over cooked rice. Enjoy!
- 1 lb orange roughy fillet
- 1 (26 ounce) jarbertolli's marinara spaghetti sauce
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 (6 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrot
- Combine 1/2 jar spaghetti sauce, vinegar and salad dressing mix; mix well.
- Pour 1/2 of sauce mixture into bottom of casserole dish.
- Place fish filets in casserole on top of sauce mixture. Position thickest portion of fish toward outer edges of casserole.
- Pour remainder of sauce mixture over fish. Cover & refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Remove fish from refrigerator, sprinkle with green onions, bell pepper and carrots. Pour remainder of spaghetti sauce over vegetables.
- Cover casserole and bake in 375F oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn filets over, recovering them with vegetables and sauce. Cover casserole dish and continue to cook for 15 - 20 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork.