Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My Dad made this for me last week when I was visiting in Palm Springs. Even though I am not a fish lover, it was so good that I gobbled it up. It is easy and good for you.
- 4 orange roughy fillets
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- mix egg and honey mustard in medium bowl.
- mix bread crumbs and cayenne in large ziplock.
- dip fillets in egg mixture then toss in bread crumb.
- place in refrige for 1/2 hour so crumbs adhere.
- heat oil in large pan and cook about 4-5 min per side (depending on how thick).
This recipe was a surprise hit! I used 2 orange roughy fillets (first time cooking them), dijon mustard, panko bread crumbs and 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper. I was afraid that the mustard would be too strong, but nope! WOW! Delicious! I'm going to try it with tilapia now. Thank you and YUM!
I'm generally terrible at making fish, but I need to add fish to my diet and this turned out great! I actually made a mistake and added the cayenne to the honey mustard/egg mixture instead of the seasoned bread crumbs. After reading the reviews I couldn't resist adding chopped pecans to the bread crumbs, so I used about half and half bread crumbs and finely chopped pecans. I did "steep" the fish in the crumb mixture in the fridge for at least 1/2 hour as the recipe suggested, to keep the crust on (also "corrected my boo-boo with the cayenne). I wish I would have found this recipe earlier in my cooking life. Sooo good! I would think this would work with other fish varieties as well. Thanks!
Delicious! With extra honey/mustard/cayenne on the side it was extra flavorful. Didn't have honey mustard but followed another review and mixed spicy brown mustard with honey.