A delicious rosemary and orange flavored roast chicken that is a big hit with family and friends. Recipe works equally well with chicken pieces. As with the whole chicken baking time will vary as to the size of the chicken, with the pieces needing less baking time. This one will get you oohs and aahs before they have that first bite!
- 1360.77 g whole roasting chickens
- 14.79 ml melted butter or 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large orange, peeled and quartered
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 2.46-4.92 ml salt, to taste
- 1.23 ml pepper (I use freshly ground black pepper)
- 2.46 ml dried rosemary
- 44.37 ml orange marmalade
- 2.46 ml dried rosemary, to taste
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Brush chicken with melted butter,season both inside and out with salt and pepper and rosemary, placing one clove garlic inside chicken.
- Place in roaster with the orange juice, quartered orange, and remaining clove of garlic.
- Roast uncovered in 350 oven until chicken is well browned, fork tender, and juices run clear when pierced with a fork about (1 1/2 to 2 hours).
- Make glaze by mixing marmalade and dry rosemary, brush onto chicken and bake for another 10 minutes.