1/10 Photos of Orange Rosemary Roasted Chicken
2 hrs 5 mins
A delicious rosemary and orange flavored roast chicken that is a big hit with family and friends. Recipe works equally well with chicken pieces. As with the whole chicken baking time will vary as to the size of the chicken, with the pieces needing less baking time. This one will get you oohs and aahs before they have that first bite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) whole roasting chickens
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large orange, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (I use freshly ground black pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1Wash chicken and pat dry.
- 2Brush chicken with melted butter,season both inside and out with salt and pepper and rosemary, placing one clove garlic inside chicken.
- 3Place in roaster with the orange juice, quartered orange, and remaining clove of garlic.
- 4Roast uncovered in 350 oven until chicken is well browned, fork tender, and juices run clear when pierced with a fork about (1 1/2 to 2 hours).
- 5Make glaze by mixing marmalade and dry rosemary, brush onto chicken and bake for another 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Rosemary Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.0
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 168.0 mg
- Sodium 474.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 38.5 g