A delicious rosemary and orange flavored roast chicken that is a big hit with family and friends. Recipe works equally well with chicken pieces. As with the whole chicken baking time will vary as to the size of the chicken, with the pieces needing less baking time. This one will get you oohs and aahs before they have that first bite!
- 1 (3 lb) whole roasting chickens
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large orange, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (I use freshly ground black pepper)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, to taste
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Brush chicken with melted butter,season both inside and out with salt and pepper and rosemary, placing one clove garlic inside chicken.
- Place in roaster with the orange juice, quartered orange, and remaining clove of garlic.
- Roast uncovered in 350 oven until chicken is well browned, fork tender, and juices run clear when pierced with a fork about (1 1/2 to 2 hours).
- Make glaze by mixing marmalade and dry rosemary, brush onto chicken and bake for another 10 minutes.