Recipe by evelyn/athens
From Bon Appetit.
Top Review by momaphet
This was chicken was really good! This was my first attempt at grilling chicken on our new gas grill and I wasn't sure how it would work, but the whole thing went fine. I cooked three chicken breasts which I cut in half so the thin ends wouldn't over cook. I cut the recipe for the glaze in half and should have made it 1/4. With the first piece I ate I didn't taste the glaze that much but it came through on the 2nd. I cooked down a little of the glaze to dip in - the rosemary was almost too much in doing this - I would set some aside next time before adding the rosemary for this use. My chicken started cooking faster then I expected and I wasn't sure it would have enough time to cook with the glaze so I moved it to the upper rack to slow it down, I would probably start basting sooner. My only other change would be to not salt the chicken before cooking, with the additional salt from the glaze ingredients I found it a little too salty. Thank you Evelyn for another tasty dish! Reviewed for ZWT3
- 340.19 g container frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 78.07 ml dry white wine
- 78.07 ml honey dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml finely-chopped fresh rosemary or 9.85 ml dried rosemary
- 19.71 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml Tabasco sauce
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 236.59 ml hickory chips, soaked in water 30 minutes,drained
- 2 chicken, each cut into 8 pieces (breasts halved if large)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend first 7 ingredients in processor.
- Set orange glaze aside.
- Prepare bbq (medium heat).
- Place smoke chips in 8x6-inch foil packet with open top.
- Set packet atop coals about 5 minutes before grilling.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken until golden, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes per side.
- Continue grilling chicken until cooked through, brushing glaze over chicken and turning occasionally, about 25 minutes longer.