Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is an adaptation of my sister's fabulous cinnamon roll recipe. Yum! (Cook time includes dough cycle & rise times.)
- 118.29 ml warm milk
- 118.29 ml orange juice, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 78.07 ml butter, melted
- 7.39 ml orange zest
- 1064.65 ml bread flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 12.32 ml bread machine yeast
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 44.37 ml butter, softened
- 473.18 ml confectioners' sugar
- 29.58 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml orange zest
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- Place all dough ingredients in bread machine in order recommended by manufacturer.
- Select DOUGH cycle and press Start.
- In separate bowl combine cinnamon and sugar for filling.
- After dough has finished, turn it out onto lightly floured surface and roll into a 16x24 rectangle.
- Spread dough with butter and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls.
- Place rolls in lightly greased 9x13 pan.
- Cover and let rise until almost doubled (about 30 min).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake rolls for 14-16 minutes (do not overbake!).
- While rolls are baking, mix together frosting ingredients.
- Spread on rolls when they are still warm. (I heat the frosting up in the microwave a little so I can pour it on the rolls instead).
These were so good. My only change to the recipe was the size of the roll. When I made them the first time, I made 12 large rolls, and found that when the ones on the outside of the pan were done, the middle were still gooey. The second time I made 24 small rolls, and cooked them in two 9" pans. I preferred the way the smaller rolls turned out. Thanks for the great recipe.
These were awesome! I did increase the butter in the filling to 1/4 cup though. Also, I shaved a half of a Ghiradelli dark chocolate bar in the middle. Then, after the orange glaze, I melted the other half of the chocolate with a tsp of Crisco and drizzled it on top of them. What could be better than orange and dark chocolate?! Out of this world good!!!!
Really good recipe made huge rolls-only thing I changed I added 1 stick of butter to filling and mixed it with the cinnamon and sugar and then rolled it up -otherwise the flavors were spot on