Cook2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is an adaptation of my sister's fabulous cinnamon roll recipe. Yum! (Cook time includes dough cycle & rise times.)
- 1⁄2 cup warm milk
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest
- 4 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place all dough ingredients in bread machine in order recommended by manufacturer.
- Select DOUGH cycle and press Start.
- In separate bowl combine cinnamon and sugar for filling.
- After dough has finished, turn it out onto lightly floured surface and roll into a 16x24 rectangle.
- Spread dough with butter and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls.
- Place rolls in lightly greased 9x13 pan.
- Cover and let rise until almost doubled (about 30 min).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake rolls for 14-16 minutes (do not overbake!).
- While rolls are baking, mix together frosting ingredients.
- Spread on rolls when they are still warm. (I heat the frosting up in the microwave a little so I can pour it on the rolls instead).