1/1 Photo of Orange Rolls
3 hrs 9 mins
These are great rolls to serve at a brunch or even with dinner. They have mouthwatering flavor. This recipe was found on the KSL-TV cooking show website. To reduce fat content to 1 gram per roll, reduce butter to 2 tbsp. They will be slightly chewier, but still good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scald milk then add butter, sugar, and salt.
- 2Cool to lukewarm.
- 3Add yeast and stir.
- 4Stir in beaten eggs, 1/4 cup fresh orange juice and 2 tablespoons grated orange peel.
- 5Add 2 cups of flour and beat well.
- 6Stir in additional flour until dough is stiff enough to handle, do not add too much flour keep dough soft and pliable.
- 7Place dough on lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- 8Place in a greased bowl, cover and allow to rise in warm place until double in bulk (about 2 hours).
- 9Knead down.
- 10Divide dough into 3 equal portions.
- 11Roll each piece of dough into a circle about 12 inches in diameter Cut circle into 12 equal wedges.
- 12Roll up each wedge, from wide end to small.
- 13Place on a greased baking sheet tip side down.
- 14Allow to rise until double in bulk.
- 15Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- 16Glaze: Combine powdered sugar with 1/4 cup fresh orange juice and 1 tablespoons grated orange peel.
- 17Stir until smooth.
- 18Drizzle over warm rolls.
- 19Serve rolls warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1644 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.0
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.7 mg
- Sodium 91.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g