1/1 Photo of Orange Rolls
2 hrs 30 mins
Le Beast's Note:
Wow, I just made these today, and the smell that filled my kitchen was heavanly! I found these in a magazine, and its my new favorite recipe, its even not that high in fat or calories...but you'd never know!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (100-110)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 1/2 cups flour, divided
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1To prepare dough, dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes, add 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream, 2 tbsp softened butter, salt and egg, and beat with a mixer on medium until smooth.
- 2Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and level with knife.
- 3Add 2 cups flour to yeast mixture, beat till smooth.
- 4Add 1 more cup flour and stir with wooden spoon till a dough forms.
- 5Turn dough out onto a floured surface.
- 6Knead until smooth and elastic (10 minutes), add enough remaining flour, 1 tbsp at a time to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel sticky).
- 7Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top, cover and let rise ina warm place (85°) free from drafts, 1 hr and 15 minutes or until doubled in size (gently press with 2 fingers into dough, if indentation remains its ready).
- 8Punch down, cover and let rest 5 minutes, divide in half, working with 1 portion at a time (cover the other).
- 9Roll each portion into a 12-inch round on floured surface.
- 10Brush each circle with 1 Tbsp melted butter.
- 11Combine 3/4 cup sugar and the orange rind, sprinkle half of the mixture over each round.
- 12Cut into 12 wedges, roll up each wedge tightly, starting at the wide end.
- 13Place rolls, point side down, in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray/ Cover and let rise 25 minutes or until doubled in size.
- 14Preheat oven to 350°.
- 15Uncover and cook 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 16While the rolls bake, prepare the glaze, combine 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter and orange juice in a small saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat, cook 2 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved, stirring, remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 17Stir in the sour cream, drizzle the glaze over the hot rolls, lt stand 20 minutes before serving.
- 18Keep any remaining rolls in the pan, cover with foil and store them in the refrigerator, to reheat, place foil-covered pan in a 300 degree oven for 15 minutes or until warm.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.7
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.3 mg
- Sodium 134.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g