Orange Ricotta Pancakes With Orange Honey Syrup
- Pour boiling water over corn meal; they said corn flour. I just whirred corn meal in a food processor until finer flour.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Whisk together wet ingredients; add cornmeal, egg, milk, lemon juice.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Add zest to ricotta (I used 1 teaspoon dried orange zest).
- Fold in mixture.
- Fry in silver dollar size pancakes with butter; they will stick easily and burn fast.
- Meanwhile boil together syrup. The original recipe boiled a vanilla bean but I substituted vanilla in it; your choice. I just used honey and butter great stuff.