Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious complement to chicken or turkey meals. From the 'Magic Spices' cookbook.
Make and share this Orange Rice With Dried Cranberries and Apples recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a medium heavy saucepan, combine rice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Add dried cranberries, apples, parsley, orange zest, orange juice, and allspice. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into buttered casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated thoroughly and apples are tender.
- Serve warm.