1 hr 10 mins
A delicious complement to chicken or turkey meals. From the 'Magic Spices' cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- 3In a medium heavy saucepan, combine rice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Add dried cranberries, apples, parsley, orange zest, orange juice, and allspice. Mix well.
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Spoon into buttered casserole dish.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes or until heated thoroughly and apples are tender.
- 10Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Rice With Dried Cranberries and Apples
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.0
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat chicken broth