Recipe by *Nabiha*
A delicious complement to chicken or turkey meals. From the 'Magic Spices' cookbook.
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large apple, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a medium heavy saucepan, combine rice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Add dried cranberries, apples, parsley, orange zest, orange juice, and allspice. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into buttered casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated thoroughly and apples are tender.
- Serve warm.