Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
In this cool, light salad the sweetness of oranges mingles with the tang of lime and curry for a brillant change of pace. In India this would be served as a cooling side dish.
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sectioned, each section cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lime peel, fresh grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange peel, fresh grated
- Toss rice and oranges together in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour over rice mixture.
- Mix well.
- Chill. Serve cold.
This is a mighty fine rice salad. I'm always skeptical about cold rice - just doesn't seem right to me, but this turned out FANTASTIC !! I did use wild rice instead of brown, as it is better overall for my diet, and followed the recipe as written other than that. Delicious - though my dish was not served chilled, but just about room temperature, as I was pressed for time. Definitely think this would be even better cold, so the leftovers will prove it one way or another. Thanks for posting morgainegeiser - we loved this. Made for ZWT8 and the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys.